Five Ideal Pre-workout Meals by Ido Fishman
Lifting, running and cardio exercise, each requires healthy food that will supply the right amount of energy and nutritional substance. Of course, fruits, vegetables and meats have the necessary vitamins our body needs. But each type of exercise requires a particular type of food to get the optimal result.
Ido Fishman Fit lists the five ideal pre-workout meals to pump you up as you sweat out on your daily grind.
1. Fruit and Yogurt. Fruits are certainly a no brainer and it is a sacrilege for Ido Fishman to exclude it on the list of five best pre-workout meals. Bananas are known for having plenty of potassium to boost your endurance while citrus fruits provide water supply. Yogurt, meanwhile, contains protein and carbohydrates to burn off during exercise.
2. Cherry Juice and Egg Whites. Eggs are good sources of protein. But its white part is brimming with carbohydrates, which is best when mixed with cherry juice. When combined, the two produce 20 grams of carbs and five grams of protein.
3. Oatmeal. Trainees are no strangers to the benefits of a cup of oatmeal. Known to be a perfect source of protein, oatmeal can provide more nutrients when partnered with half of avocado or half cup of honey, a great source of power needed for strenuous exercise such as biking and running.
4. Sweet potato. Rich in carbohydrates, sweet potato has never failed to sustain energy levels. With its carb content, sweet potatoes can fuel you for a 90-minute to 2-hour exercise.
5. Toast and nut butter. Trainees do not just want high carb content foods but also low in fats. Toast and nut butter is the perfect choice to have. These foods allow the body to gain enough energy required for short running and morning swimming.
For more tips about your journey to becoming physically fit, visit Ido Fishman youtube channel and Ido Fishman blog site.